Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Sound Off 1/23

Historic Franchises Prevail On Championship Sunday
If you have an appreciation for football history and dominant franchises, then the outcome of Championship Sunday was all too familiar for you. If your like me and you cannot stand familiar faces in the same places, then you shouldn't watch the Super Bowl in Dallas two weeks from now. With wins by the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, Dallas is sure to see another historic franchise add a title to it's already sterling reputation. Due to these outcomes, I have verbally committed to go without watching Super Bowl XLV. Although I am sure this won't follow through, I feel that if there were any Super Bowl I would not watch, it would be this one. With my own reasons for disliking each of these franchises, it may be best to separate myself from a television on February 6th. First and foremost, history shows us that these teams make use of their trips to the Super Bowl, with each of them having stellar win percentages in the big game. Now that they will face one another in two weeks, at least I can sleep at night knowing that one of them has to lose. Super Bowl XLV may be a battle of Goliaths, but it seems like a terrible culmination of a dismal NFL season to me. Anybody know any good television to watch on the 6th?

1 comment:

  1. I agree totally!!! Good luck not watching it though. Maybe other people don't want to watch it either...play some ping pong, basketball or watch a movie. :)

    ReplyDelete